Our current vacancies are listed below. Mill Ford School is committed to safeguarding children and expect all staff (including temporary, casual staff and volunteers) to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check, health checks and satisfactory references.
Full Time Teacher:
MPS/UPS + 1 SEN Point
32.5 Hours per week - STPCD
We are a school that has high aspiration for our pupils with a curriculum relevant to meet their individual needs and ensure success. We are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and motivated teacher to join our successful school. The successful candidate will be able to work with their class team and colleagues to create an exciting learning environment and enable our pupils to fulfil their potential.
We offer you:
- A rewarding career supporting an amazing group of children and young people in an environment where trusting, respectful relationships are the foundation for pupils’ positive exeriences
- Dedicated and supportive colleagues, governors and parents
- Health and Wellbeing package including GP phone and video consultations, physio support, Counselling and Mindfulness,
- Personalised Continuing Professional Development
- A curriculum that is relevant to pupils’ life aspirations and is clear but allows for creativity
- Cycle to work scheme
- A work life balance
We are looking for candidates who: -
- Will put a pupil’s wellbeing at the forefront of all they do
- Have a clear understanding of current SEND practice and theory to meet the individual needs of our amazing pupils
- Are well organised, able to use their initiative and be able to work as an active member of the school team
- Could lead a subject such as ICT or Humanities
- Have effective communication, resilience and behaviour management skills
- Are imaginative and creative with their planning
More information and an application form is available for download using the links below. Completed applications should be marked for the attention of Beth Evans and emailed to HR@millford.plymouth.sch.uk
Closing date: 15th January 2024 - 12 noon
Shortlisting: 15th January 2024
Interview date: 22nd January 2024
Candidates invited to interview should be aware that the interview process will take place over the course of a full day.
For an informal chat, please telephone Claire Wills (Head Teacher) on 01752 300270. We are also offering the chance to visit the school on 11th January 2024.
Mill Ford School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required to be undertaken.
Support Staff Vacancies: None at present
Mill Ford Supply Bank
At Mill Ford School, we run our own supply bank of Teaching Assistants to provide cover for staff sickness, training etc.
The role is that of a Grade C Teaching Assistant but is a completely flexible position with not commitment to regular hours, hence has a formal contract attached to it.
The salary is Grade C5 (£12.18 hourly rate + a 12.03% uplift for holiday entitlement/bank holiday entitlement etc., bringing the hourly rate up to £13.64) and members of the supply bank work across all of our classes.
A role profile and person specification for a Grade C Teaching Assistant are available to download using the links below as well as an application form if you wish to apply.
Completed applications for the supply bank should be marked for the attention of Beth Evans and emailed to HR@millford.plymouth.sch.uk